LADD has always been a leader in the quality of care and services we provide to the staff and the people we serve. We would like to launch a new initiative that will provide helpful information to everyone to help us get healthy and stay healthy.
Get Active with LADD
Healthy eating is just as important as being active. The more healthy foods you eat, the more energy and strength you have to take on your activities. A healthy and active body also needs plenty of water so remember to drink plenty of water everyday-your body needs it!!
It’s best to do an hour a day of physical activity everyday especially some that makes you huff and puff a bit. This is easier than it sounds as you can spread out that hour over the whole day. And it can be made up from a mix of different activities.
- When the weather is bad and you can’t get out walk around your house a few times each hour.
- Stand up every hour and stretch, walk in place.
- When you’re cooking walk around the kitchen, chop your foods by hand instead of using a blender/chopper that will burn calories.
- Go to the mall and walk around, when your grocery shopping take the time to walk up and down each isle before you start your shopping.
- Take stairs instead of the elevator
- Vacuum your house, mow your lawn, shovel your snow
- Check with your local high school to see if they allow the public to come in and walk the halls during winter months. Dowagiac Union High School is open Monday-Friday 4:30p – 7:30p for the public to walk the hall.